… and you can too. Believe me, this is super easy. There’s just one thing, you must have a crock pot. Or a slowcooker, whichever, what’s the difference?
If you do a google search there are plenty of sites to tell you how to do it. I took advice from several and put it together.
It takes a lot of time, but not a lot of work. I started at 5 pm when I started dinner.
1. Pour 8 cups of whole milk into crock pot
2. Cook on low for 2 and 1/2 hours
3. Unplug and let cool for 3 hours (It was 7:30 we just finished cleaning up after dinner)
5. Cover with lid and blanket or thick towel
6. Let sit for 8 hours (I did steps 4-6 at 10:30 before I went to bed
7. strain in colander with coffee filters or cloth napkin for 4-8 hours
8. save 1/2 cup in glass jar to use as starter for next time.
I strained the yogurt when I woke up. My greek husband tasted it before it was even strained and said it was good! I just scooped it up after straining now and it is very good. I saved a 32 oz. yogurt container to use. It should keep for about a month according to some websites, but it won’t last that long in this house. I think next time I will use a gallon of milk and 1 cup starter.